- I got married.
- I went on a two-week honeymoon (see a few pics below).
- I watched the Republican party complete a full collapse, just two short years after proclaiming a non-existent Conservative revolution. (Oh, the schadenfreude is SWEET.)
- I watched Donald Rumsfeld resign. (See above regarding Schadenfreude.) Also, because I can, here is a gem quote from the Onion:
WASHINGTON, DC—After nearly six years of much-publicized service as Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld announced his resignation Wednesday afternoon, saying that he had "proudly accomplished everything [he'd] set out to bungle." "Years ago, I decided to bog this great nation down in an extended, grueling foreign occupation, and I'm happy to say that's exactly what I've done," said Rumsfeld in a farewell address at the White House, during which he urged Americans to continue waging the ill-conceived, mismanaged, and evidently unwelcome fight for democracy in the Middle East. "Each of my actions—from undersupplying troops with body armor to focusing on capturing Saddam Hussein while Osama bin Laden remained free—has led America inexorably toward our current state of extreme crisis. Well, anyway, goodbye!" President Bush expressed confidence that Robert Gates, his new nominee for Secretary of Defense, will be able to "fuck everything up the rest of the way."
- I completed a three-week stretch of picking no more than five teams right in my Pick 'Em, which is just as humiliating as it sounds.
- Oh, and I started a new job at Alibris.com, which is really excellent so far and is already keeping me quite busy.
So yeah, not so much time to post.
But I will be back, and I'll be sending folks checks for their Pick 'Em wins, posting photos and stories from the wedding and honeymoon and generally getting back to speed. Once the jet lag subsides, that is...